We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ultrasounds are key moments in your pregnancy. How much does it cost? What are the different types of ultrasounds? Which devices are used? Answers to the questions you ask yourself.
In fact, how does it work?
- The ultrasound or ultrasound machine includes a screen, a keyboard and ultrasound probes. The probe is placed on the part of the body to be studied and gel is applied either on the probe or on the skin for a better ultrasound conduction. The latter propagate in a straight line, except when they encounter an obstacle: the ultrasound returns an echo, whose device records and measures the intensity.
How much does an ultrasound cost?
- First echo: the agreed amount is € 48.35, reimbursed 70% by the Social Security. 2nd echo: the amount agreed is € 81.92 reimbursed 70% by Social Security. 3rd echo: the agreed amount is € 73.99 reimbursed at 100%.
- Until the beginning of the 6th month of pregnancy, you are reimbursed at 70% for all your examinations and consultations (classic health insurance). From the 6th month of pregnancy, you are 100% covered by maternity insurance.
- Attention, many sonographers practicing in sector 1 practice overtaking of fees. As for the sonographers of sector 2 (free fees), they can ask for 150 euros or more for an echography of the 2nd or 3rd trimester. Check with your mutual to see if it will support these overruns. And before consulting, look on www.ameli.fr if you find the rates charged by doctors in your area.
Where to go?
- For the first two ultrasounds, in your maternity home, at a PMI center or at a midwife or ultrasound-installed sonographer. Attention, in this case, ask the tariffs before consulting, because the overtaking of fees are frequent.
- In general, the last ultrasound is performed in the maternity ward chosen for delivery.