By the end of the first trimester, you will begin to feel cramped in your favorite clothes. Quick, a new wardrobe! Which parts to choose to be comfortable? In what subjects? Here are 6 tips to help you do your shopping.
1) Bet on quality
- Under the pretext that pregnancy is a temporary state, many future moms do not want to spend a fortune in a new wardrobe. But beware ... If you do not invest a minimum, you may have to buy clothes during pregnancy because they will not hold. You then lose the savings made initially. Do not be fooled by choosing the maternity lines of major retailers (H & M, Gap, Kiabi ...) or the specialized websites (www.demoisenmoi.com, www.enviedefraises.fr, www.mammafashion.com ...).
2) Promote comfort
- To not feel cramped, prefer dresses, leggings and tunics that do not exert any constraint on the belly. These are easy and comfortable pieces to wear until the last day of pregnancy. Many brands also offer evolutionary maternity jeans, very practical the first months. Just be careful of the location of the seams so as not to be bothered at the belly. For the tops, in direct contact with the belly skin that can tug, prefer soft materials
3) Avoid the trap of "everything loose"
- To feel your advantage and refine your silhouette, avoid associating a wide open with loose pants, otherwise beware of the potato bag effect. Mix the shapes: a slightly wide tunic will go perfectly with leggings.
4) Do not forget your femininity
- These extra pounds, you do not know what to do and you have only one desire: to camouflage them! On the contrary, take advantage of your pregnancy to show off your new forms: a pretty neckline, plump buttocks ... Invest in one or two pretty pieces a little more refined than the others, they will save you the morning when you have " nothing more to put you ".
5) Think about accessories
- Chokers, necklaces, scarves ... To boost your pregnancy wear that you wear often, and do not get tired too quickly, combine them with different accessories.
6) Opt for underwear at the right size, it's important!
- During your pregnancy, you will take between 1 to 2 sizes of bra. To avoid back pains, you must ensure a good fit to your chest. Invest in bras that fit your new chest, you'll only feel better maintained. If you are breastfeeding, they will also serve you after the birth of your baby. For the bottom, panties, thong, boxer or tanga ... it's up to you to choose what seems most comfortable. As for pants, just make sure the location of the seams.
thanks to Stéphanie Binet, creator of the brand www.demoisenmoi.com