Is baby too covered or, on the contrary, not enough? A question that all parents ask, especially in the spring, a season that offers hot and cold, sometimes disconcerting ...
- A toddler who is uncomfortable knows very well the m-ani-fester by his tears: but is it because he is cold or hot? hungry? sleep? because its layer is wet? It is difficult to pinpoint the cause of his discomfort. Some good pis-tes concerning his clothing should allow you to quickly eliminate the hypothesis of possible hot flashes or, conversely, feelings of cold.
To understand his desires
- It's our skin that records climate information. Thus, it bristles its hair and mobilizes the fat contained in the dermis to screen the bite of the winter wind, exudes a thin veil of sweat to cool us when we face the "saunas" summer .... leaving it to our body to distribute the ambient temperature evenly.
- The skin area of a very small baby, relative to its weight, is proportionally three times larger than ours ... it is therefore three times more exposed to cold and heat ... But it has neither hair nor fat, or a very great possibility of perspiring (its body using, for its inner workings, almost all the liquid it absorbs!).
- Over the months, he has a small "thermostat" that regulates itself better and better, but as he has no words to warn you of his feelings, or small chills (it is a question of muscular traction he is still unable to) he does not know how to get his messages: "take off my blanket" or "pull me a sweater".
To make your summer cool
- The worry of not covering her baby enough seems almost universal ... Most of the time, we dress our babies too warmly. Especially at night. The best benchmark you have is your own perception of the ambient temperature. Why put him on two vests if you can only wear one T-shirt? You rejected your duvet at the foot of your bed? Take him out of his sleep and his pajamas, leave him in a bra and layer ultra leak-proof, to avoid the rubber heel that protects his mattress, but turns his bed into "Sudisette" (same thing for synthetic fabrics, which prevent his skin from breathing well).
To make your winter warm
- To move without feeling soggy, digesting without feeling compressed ... your toddler needs con-for-tables and loose clothes. This beautiful scale has another quality: it allows the air to circulate better. Indeed, the most efficient insulation ... it's air! And the best way to protect your baby is to create a series of layers of air around your body. Forget the big sticky sweater that, we believe wrongly, will make a bulwark against the cold. Opt instead for the amount of small wool that "clear well its entournures" and that you can overlay. Thus the air can circulate freely and warm up.
- Her small feet, her hands, her ears ... all her extremities are sensitive to the cold because they do not benefit from a very good blood supply. As for his clothes, think big about gloves, socks and shoes so that fingers and toes can move and activate their circulation.
- Cap ! We do not risk forgetting it, so much we fear otitis. However, if the disease is localized in the ear, the microbe, it does not creep through the auditory canal (since it is a superinfection of tan); then, also add a scarf to protect his neck and neck, because in these places, the loss of heat is important.
So that its comfort is optimal
- Prefer cotton underwear, because the delicate skin of your toddler may not support synthetic textiles, which sometimes even cause allergies. Cotton also has the advantage of absorbing and allowing the evaporation of perspiration, while in an acrylic-type garment, for example, the sweat remains stuck to the skin, cools and may even "ice" your baby . Add him a shirt or a polo always in cotton and, if necessary, a sweater in wool, both ample but closed with the neck and the wrists.